TANTRA, TANTRISM AND NEOTANTRISM
First mention of Tantrism dates back to 9000 years B.C. and comes from India. Original Tantra was created to heal the body and the mind. Part of this ancient methods of tantric ritual were also meditations, yoga, energy cleansing, chakra synchronization and other techniques that were created to achieve bliss. I personally work with this ancient tantric ritual as a part of the temple secret. Nowadays in our modern era Tantra focuses on erotic energy of massage and its goal is not to reach orgasm but to experience pleasant moments a relaxation.
During tantric massage energy rises and spreads through the body. This energy is controlled on different levels depending on the type and lenght of the massage therapy. Our organism is energized. The person that receives the massage gets instructions how to breath regularly, move head and relieve relaxing sounds. The level of relaxation is very important because relaxation effects intensity of energy flow in the body. Massage of intimate parts includes special set of touches from very soft to more energetic.
Tantra is good for people of all ages, men as well women and is very popular in pairs - both heterosexual and homosexual. During the massage therapy the masseur approaches the procedure with great care and carefullly works with different parts of the body using various techniques.
TANTRISM AND NEOTRANTRISM
Tantrism or tantra is one of the main streams of indian religion that influenced all indian philosophical systems. It is a teaching in hinduism and budhism. There is a wide range of beliefs and practices in Tantrism. The existence of various philosophical systems created many schools but they all share one idea and have many similiar features. I am personally a student of one of the old schools of tantrism that are taught in some temples. The teaching is kept in secret and passed from teacher to student. There are many basic characteristics so i will focus on the difference between TANTRISM and NEOTANTRISM.
- Belief in magical effect of ritual is based on metaphysical observation that microcosmos (human) is the reflection of macrocosmos (Universe).
- Understanding that spiritual enlightenment comes with many various psychological forces.
- Understanding that sexual energy is a big reservoir of energy that can be used for faster spiritual growth.
- Emphasis on a first hand experience and bold experimenting rather than relying on derived knowledge.
On the contrary to this, NEOTANTRISM in western cultures uses tantra for increasing sexual energy, improving relationships, for healing purposes and as an escape from everyday reality. Many times it is the only way for many people to achieve relaxation.
TANTRA – BASIC RULES, CHARACTERISTICS AND GOALS
TANTRA is nowadays a very popular type of massage that attracts more and more people. But what Tantra really is? How does Tantra work and what contributions can bring into our lives?
Basic features are:
- atmosphere that comes from traditions
- meditation and tantric music that contributes to sensual awareness of the receiver
- aromatic oils, silicas, essential wraps, aromatic wax
- warm towels
- ostrich feathers
- silk gloves
- lava stones
- other objects that come from traditions and masseurs orientation
Tantric masseur is a guide that:
- is a teacher, he teaches you how to breathe properly
- shows you how to perceive energy flow
- defines massage limits
- helps the receiver get into contact with his own body
- can identify reactions of the body and adapt his activities to it
- tantric massage is a sensual complexity that has to be followed
Receiver (the person who receives the massage)
- doesn't lead the massage and doesn't actively enter massage
- goal is not to fulfill client's imaginations but to lead him out of his expectations, fantasies and imaginations
- in tantric massage the is NO sexual encounter between the receiver and giver!
- the giver doesn't touch the receiver and remains passive!
- doesn't request / negotiate a sexual encounter
- the main purpose of the massage is not orgasm and the receiver can't demand it
- the purpose of tantric massage is NOT to satisfy sexual impulse
- the receiver is informed about it and has to respect it
BASIC GOALS OF TANTRIC MASSAGE
- deep and long lasting relaxation
- ability to work with your own sexual energy
- understanding of emotional reactions of your body
- removing shyness
- learning the power of the present moment and concentration
- stopping your self control and meditatively let the energy flow
- feeling your own sexuality
- finding esteem to your body
- finding yourself
- removing negative influences
- learning how to increase intensity of your sexual pleasures with your whole body
- in pairs creating everlasting sexuality
What is a tantric massage and how to perceive it?
The art of tantra is 9000 years old and comes from the places of ancient India and the Himalayas and its practice was part of the rituals that were used as a way to reach a higher form of liberation of mind and ecstasy, most often practiced in monasteries.
There is an increasing number of its supporters around the world and more and more people want to practice it. Its philosophy is often distant from the modern Western world of understanding spiritual life and the philosophy of Eastern cultures where it originated. Tantra is being very often profaned and condemned for simply being an erotic massage associated with sexual act. That's why more and more people are asking what it is. What are its benefits to me? Why should I practice or have a tantric massage? From the perspective of a tantra coach and teacher, I’ve summarized in the following points a simple explanation of the basic benefits of a tantric massage that would make the people of Western culture understand it.
Relaxation of the body
1, Tantric massage tries to satisfy your entire being. It carefully takes care of every part of your body and uses a set of special touches to stimulate and release blocks that allow the flow of sexual energy through all energy pathways of your body.
Improvement of breathing and control of emotions
2, One of the important elements of tantra and tantric massage are breathing techniques that have been verified throughout the centuries. There are many methods specifically designed for beginners up to advanced users. Proper breathing enhances the experience and benefits of a tantric massage, and teaches you to use breathing to control your emotions.
Discovering and treating emotions
3, The main attribute is the discovery and treatment of emotions. Tantric massage shows hidden emotions. It is a way of self-recognition, increases self-confidence, reveals inner strength and energy. It points to the inner state of the spirit, helps to cure many emotions and rebukes the prejudices and blocks we have about ourselves.
Building inner energy
4, By practicing tantric breathing techniques and by using tantric massage, you create a strong inner life force - energy that helps you achieve your life goals, overcome many obstacles, find yourself, identify and recognize your strengths and weaknesses. You must be asking what it is good for. 80% of all success lies in knowing who you are, what your strength and weakness is, and using internal energy to self-discipline.
Tantric massage brings altogether 3 forms of pleasure:
- Pleasure from muscle relaxation
- Pleasure from spiritual balance and self-recognition
- Pleasure from sexual energy creation and conscious work with it
Another important attribute of a tantric massage is also the transfer of your body to the hands of the masseur and expressing your full confidence in the form of a complete relaxation. At the beginning of each massage, I emphasize how important it is to relax and put yourself at ease. Every effort to control your physical body reduces the stream of emotions as well as the flow of sexual energy. As the care is given to all parts of your body during the massage, you come to know new emotional and physical feelings.
Tantric massage improves blood circulation, emotional well-being and reduces stress. Tantric massage also focuses on an emotional, physical, spiritual, and sexual aspect. Relief from muscle pain, discovery of new emotions, relaxation, long-lasting flow of sexual energy - all of these brings benefits to your health and you are more able to control all kinds of emotions.
Control of sexual energy
Breathing techniques that use sexual energy help to improve your sexual life, for example, by decreasing premature ejaculation, enjoying emotions and working with your own sexual energy as one of the most powerful tools to achieve whatever we wish for.
There are numerous benefits of a tantric massage. From my own experience, I know that tantric massage helps to manage many aspects of personality. Its effect is as strong as your faith in it. If one can control and use their sexual energy, they can control other emotions as well.
HEALING BENEFITS OF TANTRIC MASSAGE
Basic benefits of tantric massage:
- harmonizing body and spirit
- removing mental blocks, prejudices and destructive patterns
- help with erectile disfunction that is connected with mental blocks
- prostate healing
- healing of non physiologic problems with getting pregnant
- increase of self – confidence
- ability to achieve orgasm
- help for women that suffer from pain during intimate moments
PROCEDURE OF TANTRIC MASSAGE
- Discussion about goals of tantric massage
- Body purification (shower)
- The ritual of esteem and welcoming ritual
- Massage itself that contains different massage techniques using tantric instruments
- Relaxation, shower
DURATION OF TANTRIC MASSAGE
Types of Tantra massage / rituals
Related Blog articles